Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Equity and inclusion means providing an equal footing for all individuals, regardless of gender, race, culture, or sexual identity. It means creating an inclusive environment which is based on the fundamental value of and respect for all individuals and their contributions to academia. Ultimately, academia cannot fully flourish until it welcomes the knowledge and capability of everyone.
The Committee seeks to progress equity, inclusion and diversity within the School of Mathematics, and to build and nourish an environment that accepts and welcomes all, in which people of all backgrounds feel appreciated.
- Daniel Horsley
- Daniel Mathews (Chair)
- Ellena Moskovsky (Postgrad representative)
- Jessica Purcell
- Anja Slim
The Committee is currently focusing on:
- COVID-19 equity issues
- 9 Rainforest Walk parenting room
- child care arrangements for conferences at Monash
- seminars and other events promoting equity and diversity
- equity in hiring
- equity in HDR and honours student recruitment
LGBTIQ - Ally Network
Allies in the School:
- Santiago Barrera Acevedo (Santiago.Barrera.Acevedo@monash.edu)
- Norm Do (Norm.Do@monash.edu)
- Karen Hogeboom (Karen.Hogeboom@monash.edu)
- Daniel Horsley (Daniel.Horsley@monash.edu)
- Ian Wanless (Ian.Wanless@monash.edu)
Allies in the University:
If you have questions, suggestions or concerns about equity, diversity and inclusion in the School, please email any one of us (at email@example.com).