ENS5900-Research project in environment and sustainability
ENS5900 (24 credit points) provides an opportunity for students to pursue a major academically-oriented piece of research in their chosen discipline during the advanced practice component of the course. A research thesis enables students to consolidate the theoretical knowledge and analytical skills acquired during the Master course in a research context. It requires independent learning and research by the student on a chosen topic related to the core and elective units offered in the specialisation. The unit primarily comprises independent research but includes some scheduled activities to enhance and develop transferable skills for success in research. Students are assessed primarily on the thesis. Students also undertake a reflective task to help develop and present novel perspectives on their research within the broader field of environment and sustainability. This authentic research experience represents a pathway to a PhD.
On completion of this unit students will:
- Critically analyse, evaluate and integrate academic literature.
- Formulate effective research questions.
- Conceptualise, design and manage an academic research project.
- Conduct independent and ethical research, applying sound principles of study design and appropriate data analysis methods.
- Develop an academically sound and logical argument through correctly analysing, interpreting and presenting evidence.
- Demonstrate advanced academic writing skills by producing a thesis appropriate for publication in the chosen field.
- Articulate the implications and applications of research.
|Names||Dr Susie Ho|
|Office Location||For appointments - Booking link|
|Office Hours||By appointment - Please email|
|Name||Dr Erinn Richmond|
|Office Hours||By appointment - please e-mail|
|Program for 2020|
|University Handbook Entry||ENS5900- Synopsis, Assessment & Prerequisites|
|Schedule||ENS5900 - Schedule for S1, 2020|
|Science Faculty||Information for Current Students|
|University||Information for Students - Timetables, Exam, Semester Dates, more.....|