Achieving Potential Support Scholarships
Achieving Potential Support Scholarships are provided to current and commencing students whose educational achievements may have been masked by their personal circumstances. The scholarship is awarded based on need - there is no specific ATAR requirement.
You may be eligible if you are a low income earner or an Indigenous Australian and intending to study an undergraduate or graduate degree at Monash. Additional consideration will be given if you are experiencing other forms of educational disadvantage such as being a recent refugee, live in a low socio-economic, regional or remote area, attend an under-represented school, have a disability or long-term medical condition, or have experienced difficult personal circumstances.
Monash has increased the number of these scholarships available thanks to the generous donations from Alumni and supporters of the University through the Achieving Potential fund.
See how to apply
Total scholarship value
Up to $15,000
500 per year
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen
- A New Zealand citizen
- Australian permanent resident
- Australian humanitarian visa holder
You must meet the following criteria:
- Commencing or current student, enrolled in or intending to enrol in an undergraduate or postgraduate (coursework) degree at a Monash campus in Australia*.
- Have a low income or
- Are an Indigenous Australian**
*Includes Diploma of Tertiary Studies and Diploma of Higher Education
**To be eligible you must provide a Confirmation of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Heritage certificate or a certified Statutory Declaration form to the William Cooper Institute. This can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any queries please contact the William Cooper Institute on 9902 4972.
- $3000 per annum (48 credit points of study) for the duration of your degree.
- 500 scholarships available per year.
- Consideration is given if, in addition to being a low income earner, you experience other forms of educational disadvantage.
- Preference will be given to commencing students.
To retain this scholarship:
- You must maintain a Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 50 each semester.
- If stated in your offer letter, you may be asked to provide an annual progress report to donors, giving you an opportunity to share your appreciation, experiences and benefits from receiving the scholarship.
How to apply
Every scholarship may have a different application process – or none at all. Read the application details carefully and submit your application by the deadline. For more details, visit our scholarships application page.