International student applications

Applying to study at Monash is easy. Let's start by pointing you in the right direction. Future students fit into one of these categories.


Undergraduate coursework

You want to study a coursework degree at an undergraduate level.

Year 12 or International Baccalaureate in Australia

You want to study a coursework degree as an undergraduate and you're studying Year 12 or the International Baccalaureate in Australia.

Monash University Foundation Year (MUFY) students studying in Australia and in other countries

You want to study an undergraduate degree or a Monash College Diploma at one of Monash's Australia-based campuses. You are in your final semester of the Monash University Foundation Year program in Australia or offshore.

Monash College Diploma Part 1 and Part 2 students studying in Australia

You want to continue your study at one of Monash's Australia-based campuses

Monash College Diploma Part 1 and Part 2 students studying in other countries

You want to continue your study at one of Monash's Australia-based campuses


You want to study a coursework degree at a postgraduate level.

You want to study a research degree – a master's by research, doctorate (PhD), or professional doctorate.

Study Abroad and Exchange at Monash

You want to come to Monash via a study abroad or exchange program and take units to count towards the degree requirements at your home institution.

Assessing your application

When your application is received, Monash University will assess your application against university entrance requirements including: minimum age, English and academic entry requirements.

If you are applying for a student visa, other than assessing your application against the course entry requirements, Monash University is obliged to check that you are genuinely seeking temporary entry to Australia to study. If the University forms the opinion that you are not a Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) (as specified on Department of Home Affairs Genuine temporary entrant requirement for student visa application), it may refuse to assess your application, withdraw an offer of a place, or cancel your confirmation of enrolment.

The University reserves the right to request additional information and conduct a face to face interview in relation to GTE check.

Under certain circumstances, you may be referred to the nearest Monash registered agent to assist you with your Monash application, GTE assessment and visa arrangements.

If your application is successful, we will make you an offer in the form of an International Student Course Agreement (ISCA). In the ISCA, instructions will be supplied on how to accept your offer, including the fees and Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) you need to pay.

If we are not able to make you a full offer in the first instance, you may receive a conditional offer. A conditional offer means you must submit more additional information and meet the requirements specified in the ISCA. Usually, the additional information we need is documentation such as final results, graduation certificate, or an English proficiency test result, to see if you’ve met the specific entry requirements for the course you’ve applied for. All of these will be explained in the ISCA.

If you are required to provide additional information, please submit the documentation to us as soon as possible, or contact us if you need any help.

If you are not successful for your first course preference, your application will be considered for your next preference, or for a pathway program through Monash College.

Self assess for admission and credit eligibility

Check your credit or admission eligibility using the study credit and admissions eligibility search


Contact us to get help with your application and answers to your questions.