Civics and Citizenship Professional Learning Program for Teachers - PDA1030
This pilot professional learning program is a collaboration between Monash University, the Australian Catholic University, and the Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority.
The four week course will focus on content knowledge and classroom practice for teaching Civics and Citizenship. We offer teachers the option of completing the eight modules of this course fully online or via blended learning.
The aim of this course is to enhance teacher capacity in areas of:
- Implementing the Victorian Curriculum Civics and Citizenship Levels 3-10
- Developing political, legal, and sociological content knowledge related to the curriculum
- Pedagogy and classroom practice for Civics and Citizenship, including strategies for teaching the curriculum through contemporary issues
- Enacting student voice and agency
- Effective identification and use of resources
- Approaches to assessment tools and tasks.
The fully-online offering of this course enables teachers to complete all eight modules at their own pace. There are optional live Zoom sessions at the start and end of the course, and quizzes made available and due within set dates during the course.
In the blended learning offering, teachers will complete four modules online, structured similarly to the fully-online offering. Teachers will complete the other four modules in a one day face-to-face workshop. The workshop is compulsory, and will take place either in Melbourne or Ballarat. Please note that both blended learning offerings have transitioned to online. Online live workshops will take place on the same days and times as the Melbourne and Ballarat workshops.
Please note: Whilst not guaranteed, we will take your preference into account when making final cohort assignments.
Places are limited. Victorian teachers accepted only.
Available for Victorian teachers only