Give for Good Leadership Scholarship
Monash Leaders Scholarship
The Give for Good Leadership Scholarship supports two high-achieving students with leadership potential who have experienced educational disadvantage and wish to contribute to the community.
You will become a mentor to students from under-represented schools as part of the Access Monash Mentoring Program, giving you the opportunity to develop your leadership, public speaking and teamwork skills.
2 Aug - 8 Oct 2021
Total scholarship value
Up to $24,000
Up to two per year
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen
- A New Zealand citizen
- Australian permanent resident
- Australian humanitarian visa holder
You must meet the following criteria:
- A commencing student enrolling in an approved STEM related undergraduate degree (Science, Engineering or Business & Economics) at a Monash campus in Australia, and
- Selected to be an Access Monash Mentor, and
- From one or more of the following educational disadvantage groups:
- Have a low income
- Are a recent refugee
- From a regional or remote area
- Have a disability or medical condition
- From a non-English speaking background
- Have experienced difficult circumstances
- From an underrepresented school
- From a low socioeconomic status (SES) area
- $6000 per annum (48 credit points of study) for up to a maximum of four years.
- Two scholarships available per year
- This scholarship is awarded based on academic achievement, leadership potential and individual circumstances.
- You will be interviewed to assess your commitment to making a difference through leadership and community programs.
To retain this scholarship:
- Your participation as an Access Monash Mentor
How to apply
- Applications for Year 12 students are open 2 August - 8 October 2021, submit a scholarship application through VTAC
- Application period for Access Monash Mentoring: Close 22 October 2021
- This scholarship cannot be deferred
Every scholarship may have a different application process – or none at all. Read the application details carefully and submit your application by the deadline. For more details, visit our scholarships application page.