Thea Parnamae Rural Pharmacy Scholarship
The Thea Pärnamäe Rural Pharmacy Scholarship was introduced to support female students to undertake an undergraduate degree.
It is named in honour of Thea Pärnamäe, a pharmacist in Sweden who was born in rural Estonia in January 1927 fled to Sweden in 1944 as a refugee of World War II. Upon completion of her secondary school studies in Sweden, Thea elected to enrol in pharmacy college because she considered a career as a pharmacist to be promising both in terms of personal and societal benefits. Thea was proud of being identified as a dedicated pharmacist and did prove to reap the benefits of her career as expected. Thea died in Stockholm, Sweden in November 2010.
11 May- 19 June 2020
Total scholarship value
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen
You must meet the following criteria:
- Current female student enrolled full-time in the Bachelor of Pharmacy in the Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences at a Monash campus in Australia
- Permanent residence that is more than 50 km from the Melbourne CBD
Note: Past recipients of the Thea Pärnamäe Rural Pharmacy Bursary are not eligible to apply
- $2400 per annum for one year only
- One scholarship is available
- Based on academic achievement and awarded to the highest achieving student.
To retain this scholarship:
Must maintain full-time enrolment and a pass grade average (50%).
How to apply
- Cannot be deferred
- To apply, submit your application directly to Monash.
Every scholarship may have a different application process – or none at all. Read the application details carefully and submit your application by the deadline. For more details, visit our scholarships application page.
Apply direct to Monash