Art and Design - 2613
Put your creative ideas into practice by studying art, design and architecture. If you want to design skyscrapers, develop products or create contemporary art, develop the skills to turn your vision into reality.
Monash College offers a specialised diploma that leads into art, design and architecture degrees.
Diploma of Art and Design
Study the Diploma if you:
- are interested in a career in art, design or architecture
- would like to study subjects that directly relate to your future degree
- would like to learn a range of creative art and design skills
- would like to develop a folio of creative work.
A Monash College Diploma of Art and Design provides a pathway into first or second year at Monash Art, Design and Architecture (MADA).*
Select a stream depending on your career goals and in part 2 of your diploma you will study the same subjects as first-year students in Architecture, Fine Art or Design degrees.
Your stream options:
- Architectural Design
- Fine Art
- Communication Design
- Industrial Design
- Spatial Design.
We work with MADA's academic staff to make sure you gain the confidence and skills to prepare you for entry into the University.
Five reasons to choose the Diploma of Art and Design:
- A pathway into first or second year of an art, design or architecture degree at Monash University.*
- Learn on campus at Caulfield and access MADA's design studios.
- You want to study architecture or design and would like to make a start on your future degree.
- Receive individual attention – benefit from small class sizes and learning support.
- Prepare your design portfolio during your studies, ready for entry to the University.
*Entry requirements into Monash College and Monash University apply.
At a glance
|PART 1: 2 trimester (8 months). PART 2: 2 trimesters (8 months)|
|First Trimester (February), Second Trimester (July), Third Trimester (October)|
|Diploma of Art and Design|