Arts - 0020
Monash Arts PhD is an unrivalled graduate research degree that brings big picture thinkers together with world-leading academics, field experts and sector partners to uncover the change that needs to be made in our world. Your critical, inquiring and dynamic mind will explore the challenges and opportunities that need to be addressed and embraced, and translate findings into applicable, relevant and truly impactful solutions.
At the core of the PhD degree is the Arts Advantage PhD program. This consists of an extensive, independent research project supported by at least two expert academic supervisors, enhanced by a series of professional development activities or coursework units that provide you with the skills to make an impact in academia, industry, government or the wider community.
What we offer in the Arts Advantage PhD program:
- An innovative, customisable program that offers tailored industry, sector and professional development opportunities to support and realise your research and career ambitions.
- Immersive research partnerships with world-renowned experts in our world-class facilities, amplifying your potential to make positive change in your field and in the world.
- An unparalleled global footprint and a Guaranteed Mobility offer with our domestic and international partners, to connect you to local, national and international opportunities, expand your perspective and help you create the most relevant, influential and scaleable research outcomes.
- Access to 120 hours of professional development training with a menu of options to sharpen and strengthen your research, leadership communication and collaboration skills.
- Belonging to a tradition and network of the brightest research minds, leaders and peers in Australia and internationally, providing the reputation and networks that will enhance and propel your work.
- Your work will be housed alongside our world-renowned research centres such as the Gender, Peace and Security, Monash Centre for Consciousness and Contemplative Studies, Monash Indigenous Studies Centre and Monash Migration and Monash Inclusion Centre.
This customisable, innovative program is specially designed for PhD candidates who want to pioneer the change-making research in Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences that will make our world a better place for all.
At a glance
|3-4 years (full time)|
|Throughout the year|
|Doctor of Philosophy|