TESOL - D6005
Expert master degree
Do you want to gain specialised knowledge and skills in English language teaching and learning? The Master of TESOL is suitable for a wide range of professionals, educators or prospective educators working in English language teaching in international or local contexts, and leads to a postgraduate qualification in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages).
Please note: this course does not provide a recognised initial teaching qualification. Students seeking an initial teaching qualification should refer to the Master of Teaching course.
The Master of TESOL helps you understand the connections between theory and practice, and the importance of developing strong principles of practice in English language teaching and learning. You will develop an expert understanding of the core principles of language teaching and learning.
You will engage with contemporary theory and practice for additional language acquisition and advanced understanding of, and skills associated with:
- the role of social and cultural contexts in language learning
- a range of communicative approaches to teaching, learning and assessment and planning for teaching in various TESOL contexts
- the evaluation, analysis and design of assessment tasks
- the development and maintenance of bilingualism and biliteracy in formal learning environments
- English language education in local and global contexts
- transcultural and intercultural learning, communication and mobility, including in online learning settings
- the use of digital technologies to support learning.
Graduates of the course have been successful in finding employment as language teachers and translators, and are also employed in TESOL leadership roles, such as director of studies, language school founder and curriculum developer, in local, national and international locations.
At a glance
|1, 1.5 or 2 years full-time depending on prior qualifications. Enrolment in this course must be continuous. See entry requirements.|
|Semester one (February), Semester two (July)|
|Master of TESOL|