Monash Scholarship for Outstanding Achievement
Part of the Sir John Monash Scholarship Program
This scholarship is for the highest achievers, the top performers, students who come close to perfection. As long as you attain an ATAR of 99.90+ (85.00+ for Indigenous Australians) and meet the eligibility criteria, you will be awarded this scholarship and receive $6000 per annum for up to four years.
You don’t have to make an application – you will be automatically assessed once you apply for a Monash undergraduate course through VTAC. The Monash Scholarship for Outstanding Achievement also provides a range of additional benefits including:
You’ll gain a place in Monash Minds, a program for first-year students that will help you develop your leadership skills through networking events, masterclasses and community projects.
You’ll have the opportunity to be assigned a mentor – a Monash alumni, an academic or a senior student – who can guide you through your career and personal goals.
Global experience grant
The Monash Global Grant provides $2500 to open your mind. That means going on exchange or a study tour, and making use of our extensive global network.
Healthy lifestyle allowance
You’ll receive a yearly membership to Monash Sport (the on-campus gym) and an extra allowance for court hire, physiotherapy and other services.
No application required
Total scholarship value
Up to $32,500
Unlimited - offered to all eligible students
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen
- A New Zealand citizen
- Australian permanent resident
- Australian humanitarian visa holder
You must meet the following criteria:
- Current Australian Year 12 or International Baccalaureate student.
- Completed Year 12 in previous year and has not undertaken any other tertiary study.
- If you identify as an Indigenous Australian, you must provide a Confirmation of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Heritage certificate or a certified Statutory Declaration form to the William Cooper Institute. This can be emailed to email@example.com. If you have any queries please contact the William Cooper Institute on 9902 4972.
- $6000 per annum (48 credit points of study) up to a maximum of four years.
- $2500 Monash Global Grant for overseas study.
- Monash Minds leadership program for first-year students.
- Mentoring to help you reach your personal and career goals.
- Healthy lifestyle allowance per year, giving you access to gym and fitness facilities.
- One-way airfare to return home for interstate students.
- Priority access to on-campus accommodation at Monash Residential Services and Mannix College.
- Unlimited – offered to all eligible students with an ATAR of 99.90+.
- Ten scholarships are available to the highest-achieving students who are Indigenous Australians.
- For non-Indigenous Australians, awarded to all eligible students who achieve an ATAR of 99.90+ or equivalent
- For Indigenous Australians, awarded to the top ten eligible students who achieve an ATAR of 85.00+ or equivalent
To retain this scholarship:
- You must maintain a minimum Weighted Average Mark of 70 each semester
- For Indigenous Australians, you must maintain a minimum Weighted Average Mark of 60 each semester
How to apply
- No application is required
- All eligible students who list Monash University as a VTAC course preference will be automatically assessed
- This scholarship can be deferred
Every scholarship may have a different application process – or none at all. Read the application details carefully and submit your application by the deadline. For more details, visit our scholarships application page.