Monash Asylum Seekers Scholarship
Are you an asylum seeker on a bridging visa? If you are a high-achieving student with the ambition to change your future, you may be eligible for the Monash Asylum Seekers Scholarship. You will receive 100% international student funding for the Monash undergraduate degree of your choice plus a yearly allowance of $5000.
Monash has increased the number of these scholarships available thanks to the generous donations from Alumni and supporters of the University through the Achieving Potential fund.
Close 29 November 2019
Total scholarship value
Full course fees plus up to $25,000 allowance
Varies (Depending on funding)
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An International student
You must meet the following criteria:
- Full international student course fees paid for the duration of the degree.
- An allowance of $5000 per year (48 credit points of study) until the minimum points for your degree are completed.
- Variable depending on funding.
- Awarded based on academic achievement and personal circumstances.
To retain this scholarship:
- You must maintain a pass average (50% or above) each semester.
- You can continue to receive the scholarship if your residency changes, however you will not be eligible to continue to receive tuition payments if you are changed to a Commonwealth Supported Place and are eligible to defer your fees, but you may continue to receive the allowance.
- You may be asked to provide an annual progress report to donors, giving you an opportunity to share your experiences and benefits.
How to apply
- To apply for the scholarship, you must fill out a separate application form and submit it by Friday 29 November 2019.
- Note: To be considered for this scholarship, you must have applied for a course, and be offered a place at Monash.
- This scholarship cannot be deferred.
Every scholarship may have a different application process. Read the application details carefully and submit your application by the deadline.