Indonesian Women in STEM
This scholarship scheme supports high-achieving female graduate researchers from Indonesia to conduct research in STEM disciplines. Female STEM scholars are currently underrepresented in higher education. This scheme is part of our efforts to address this, by encouraging more women to take the next step in their STEM careers. The aim is to help overcome environmental and social barriers women face that might impede the progress of their academic careers.
Closes 31 March and 31 August each year
Total scholarship value
Up to $30,000
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An International student
You must meet the following criteria:
- be a female graduate researcher from Indonesia conducting research in STEM disciplines;
- meet Monash's competitive scholarship selection process requirements;
- meet Monash University's English language proficiency requirements; and
- not have commenced your PhD degree.
Monash will provide:
- a living allowance (stipend), and
- a relocation allowance for awardees who relocate to Victoria from interstate or from overseas.
Please note that any tuition fees and Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) must be paid by you, unless you are sponsored by an organisation such as the Indonesia Endowment Fund for Education (LDPD)
Monash scholarships are very competitive and are awarded based on your academic record, any research outputs and prior research experience.
How to apply
Many scholarships can have different application processes. Make sure to read the application details carefully and submit your application by the deadline.
Note that you must have obtained an Expression of Interest (EOI) from the relevant faculty before starting your application.
Please ensure that you indicate that you are applying for the 'Indonesian Women in STEM scholarship' in your application.