Monash Leaders Scholarship
The Gandel Scholarships support high-achieving students with leadership potential who have experienced educational disadvantage and wish to contribute to the community.
The Gandel Scholarships aim to create a platform for exceptional individuals to develop their skills and contribute to a better world. You will become a mentor to students from under-represented schools as part of the Access Monash Mentoring Program, giving you the opportunity to develop your leadership, public speaking and teamwork skills.
The Gandel family have a close connection with Monash University – three generations have studied here. Two scholarships are awarded each year – one to a male student (John Gandel Scholarship) and one to a female student (Pauline Gandel Scholarship).
2 Aug - 8 Oct 2021
Total scholarship value
Up to $45,700
Two per year
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen
- A New Zealand citizen
- Australian permanent resident
- Australian humanitarian visa holder
You must also be:
- Selected to be an Access Monash Mentor
You must meet the following criteria:
- $6000 per annum (48 credit points of study) for up to four years.
- $6000 for on-campus accommodation at Monash Residential Services (MRS) in your first year. You must apply directly to Monash Residential Services (MRS) for on-campus accommodation.
- $2500 global grant for overseas study
- An invitation to apply for a place in Monash Minds, a leadership program for first year students.
- Two per year (one for a male student and one for a female student)
- This scholarship is awarded to the top male and female applicants based on academic achievement, personal circumstances, social or low income and leadership potential.
- You will be interviewed to assess your commitment to making a difference through leadership and community programs.
- Consideration will be given to students who are experiencing social disadvantage such as those who are from communities under-represented in higher education including those, but not limited to recent refugee arrivals in Australia, Indigenous Australian or those who find themselves in difficult circumstances.
To retain this scholarship:
- Your participation as an Access Monash Mentor