Dodson Indigenous Juris Doctor Scholarship
Sir John Monash Fee Scholarship
This scholarship is made available to Indigenous students who are studying the Juris Doctor in recognition of their high achievement.
The scholarship was named after distinguished Monash Alumnus Professor Michael Dodson AM and his daughter Inala (Dodson) Cooper, as the first Aboriginal parent and child to graduate from the Monash Law School, and in recognition of their contribution to the Indigenous community and to Indigenous affairs over many years.
Total scholarship value
Up to $162,000
Variable depending on funding
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen
You must meet the following criteria:
- Hold or about to complete an undergraduate degree or equivalent qualification recognised for admission to the Monash Juris Doctor Program.
- Intend to enrol, or currently enrolled, as a Monash Juris Doctor student, attending the Monash University Law Chambers.
- To be eligible you must provide a Confirmation of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Heritage certificate or a certified Statutory Declaration form to the William Cooper Institute. This can be emailed to email@example.com. If you have any queries please contact the William Cooper Institute on 9902 4972.
- Variable depending on funding.
- Based on academic achievement
- The selection panel will give preference to your application if it shows evidence of community-mindedness and active involvement in community work (short-listed students will be contacted regarding this)
To retain this scholarship:
- You must demonstrate satisfactory academic progress as determined by the Faculty of Law
How to apply
- This scholarship cannot be deferred
- Applications are open.
Scholarship application close dates:
Trimester 1 2022: 15 November 2021
Trimester 2 2022: 28 March 2022
Trimester 3 2022: 25 July 2022
Course application: At the same time as you apply for this scholarship, you should also apply for admission to the Juris Doctor course
Every scholarship may have a different application process – or none at all. Read the application details carefully and submit your application by the deadline.