Monash-Pratt Musician Performance Scholarship
Sir John Monash Scholarship for Distinction
A scholarship for commencing or continuing music performance students, awarded for academic merit and outstanding musical performance.
No application required
Total scholarship value
Up to $6000
2 per year
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen
- A New Zealand citizen
- Australian permanent resident
- Australian humanitarian visa holder
- An International student
You must meet the following criteria:
- Commencing or continuing music performance student in an undergraduate degree in the Sir Zelman Cowen School of Music at a Monash campus in Australia.
- Playing a specialised instrument as determined by the School of Music.
- $6000 for one year only (48 credit points of study).
- Two scholarships available per year: one for jazz and one for classical.
- Award based on a combination of academic performance and previous musical performance as determined by the School of Music.
- Performance at an interview/audition.
- Continuing students must have achieved a minimum of a distinction average (70%) in their principle music study.
To retain this scholarship:
- You must maintain satisfactory academic performance as determined by the School of Music.
How to apply
- No application is required. All eligible students will be automatically assessed
- This scholarship cannot be deferred
- You will be asked to provide a progress report on the benefits of this scholarship to the donor during the year
- Eligible students will be invited to an audition/interview by the School of Music
Every scholarship may have a different application process – or none at all. Read the application details carefully and submit your application by the deadline. For more details, visit our scholarships application page.