Summer and winter research scholarships are run over the summer and winter breaks. If you're interested in a research career or furthering your studies through an honours program, this is a great opportunity to get ahead over the holidays.
Research scholarships aim to provide you with:
- experience in an area of research
- an insight into future opportunities within research
- encouragement to pursue a career in research or academia.
If successful, you will take part in research-related activities.
Applications for research scholarships
Applications are closed. See future application dates in the table below.
The Cancer Council are offering summer vacation scholarships. Applications close 22 September 2016.
Eligibility and selection
| Benefits || |
| Number offered || |
- The number offered varies
| Selection || |
- Based on academic achievement
- You must meet all prerequisite requirements for a project where specified
- Some projects require an interview. As part of your application, your interview performance will be assessed
- You will be matched to projects based on your preferences and eligibility
| Eligibility || All conditions must be met: |
- Australian or New Zealand citizen, holder of an Australian permanent resident or permanent humanitarian visa, or an international student
- Enrolled as an undergraduate or postgraduate (coursework) student with an Australian higher education provider
- Normally have completed at least the second year of an undergraduate degree
- Not a full-time, continuing employee of Monash University
| Application dates || |
- Summer Round 1 applications: 11 - 29 July
- Notice of outcome: early September
- Summer Round 2 applications: 12 Sep - 7 Oct
- Notice of outcome: mid-November
- Winter applications: May
- Notice of outcome: June
| Project dates || |
- Summer (Rounds 1 & 2): 21 Nov - 24 Feb
- Winter: late June - July
| Application details || |
- In a single application you can nominate up to three preferences. If you make multiple applications, we consider only the most recent application and preferences.
- Students from a university other than Monash must provide their academic record (transcript) either by:
- email to email@example.com
- or post to our mailing address
Staff and project supervisors (login)