How to apply for Master of Teaching
Application dates for Semester 1 2022
Please note, we cannot guarantee an offer in round 3 as places are limited. In addition, we have limited places available in certain secondary teaching methods. We encourage you to apply early.
|Applications open||Applications close||Final offers released||How to apply|
|Round 1: 6 August 2021||24 September 2021||15 October 2021||Apply directly to Monash|
|Round 2: 20 October 2021||19 November 2021||10 December 2021||Apply directly to Monash|
|Round 3: 5 January 2022||21 January 2022||11 February 2022||Apply directly to Monash|
|Applications open||Applications close||Offers released||How to apply|
|Currently open||21 January 2022||Continuous||Apply directly to Monash|
Apply through an agent
- A domestic applicant is either an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian permanent resident.
- An international applicant is a citizen of another country who would like to come to Australia to study.
- Please note offers will be released by close of business on the dates indicated above.
- We cannot guarantee that we will offer a round 3 application period as places are limited. In addition, we have limited places available in certain secondary teaching methods. We encourage you to apply early.
What to include with your application?
As part of the application process, applicants will need to sit a CASPer test - a non-academic entry requirement for initial teacher education courses.
When lodging your application, please include the following documents:
- Transcript of tertiary studies.
- Evidence of meeting the Faculty English Language requirements for postgraduate Education courses.
- Proof of ID and residency.
- If you are applying for the Secondary Education specialisation, you will need to submit a document outlining your two preferred teaching specialist areas.
- If you are applying for the Primary and Secondary Education specialisation, you will need to submit a document outlining your preferred teaching specialist area.
Note: We will only assess your first course preference on your application. We will only consider your lower preferences if you do not meet the minimum admissions requirements for your first preference.
Please use the following course codes when applying
D60011 Master of Teaching in Early Childhood Education
D60012 Master of Teaching in Early Childhood and Primary Education
D60013 Master of Teaching in Primary Education
D60014 Master of Teaching in Primary and Secondary Education
D60016 Master of Teaching in Secondary Education (2 years)
D60017 Master of Teaching in Secondary Education (1.5 years accelerated)
If you want to discuss your study options, send us an enquiry