Anton Hermann Memorial Scholarship
Achieving Potential Scholarship for Distinction
Anton Hermann Memorial Scholarship honours the memory of Anton Hermann, Monash alumnus, dedicated Melbourne lawyer and Jewish community leader.This scholarship has been established to support academically bright students with disadvantaged backgrounds financial support during their undergraduate course of study to enable them to reach their full potential.
2 Aug - 8 Oct 2021
Total scholarship value
Up to $24,000
One per year
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen
- A New Zealand citizen
- Australian permanent resident
- Australian humanitarian visa holder
You must meet the following criteria:
- Commencing undergraduate student, intending to enrol full-time in a single or double bachelor degree at a Monash campus in Australia.
- Be residing in Victoria.
- Have a low income as defined in the Monash University Equity definitions
In the event of there being equally suitable candidates, the following will be considered from the one or more of Monash University's defined equity or personal disadvantaged groups
- Indigenous Australians
- have a disability or long-term medical condition
- recent refugees
- attended an underrepresented school
- $6,000 per 48 credit points or the minimum number of credit points required to complete the degree, to a maximum of four years.
- One grant will be awarded consecutively
- The scholarship will be awarded on the basis of need.
To retain this scholarship:
- Recipients must maintain satisfactory academic progress as defined by the course requirements.
- Must maintain full time enrolment
How to apply
- Applications for Year 12 students are open 2 August - 8 October 2021, submit a scholarship application through VTAC
- This scholarship cannot be deferred.
- Students may hold an accommodation scholarship, a merit scholarship and/or may receive a travel grant concurrently with this scholarship.
Every scholarship may have a different application process – or none at all. Read the application details carefully and submit your application by the deadline. For more details, visit our scholarships application page.
Apply through VTAC