Sir John Monash Scholarships for Distinction
This scholarship is for the highest achievers, the top performers, students who come close to perfection. As long as you attain an ATAR of 99.95 (85.00+ for Indigenous Australians) and meet the eligibility criteria, you will be awarded this scholarship and receive $6000 per annum for up to four years.
You don’t have to make an application – you will be automatically assessed once you apply for a Monash undergraduate course through VTAC.
No application required
Total scholarship value
Up to $24,000
Unlimited - offered to all eligible students
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen
- A New Zealand citizen
- Australian permanent resident
- Australian humanitarian visa holder
You must meet the following criteria:
- Current Australian Year 12 or International Baccalaureate student.
- Completed Year 12 in previous year and has not undertaken any other tertiary study.
- If you identify as an Indigenous Australian, you must provide a Confirmation of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Heritage certificate or a certified Statutory Declaration form to the William Cooper Institute. This can be emailed to email@example.com. If you have any queries please contact the William Cooper Institute on 9902 4972.
- $6000 per annum (48 credit points of study) up to a maximum of four years.
- Unlimited – offered to all eligible students with an ATAR of 99.95.
- Ten scholarships are available to the highest-achieving students who are Indigenous Australians.
- For non-Indigenous Australians, awarded to all eligible students who achieve an ATAR of 99.95+ or equivalent
- For Indigenous Australians, awarded to the top ten eligible students who achieve an ATAR of 85.00+ or equivalent
To retain this scholarship:
- You must maintain a minimum Weighted Average Mark of 70 each semester
- For Indigenous Australians, you must maintain a minimum Weighted Average Mark of 60 each semester
How to apply
- No application is required
- All eligible students who list Monash University as a VTAC course preference will be automatically assessed
- This scholarship can be deferred
Every scholarship may have a different application process – or none at all. Read the application details carefully and submit your application by the deadline. For more details, visit our scholarships application page.