Achieving Potential Scholarship for Distinction
Are you a student seeking asylum on a bridging visa? If you are a high-achieving student with the ambition to change your future, you may be eligible for the Cochrane Scholarship. You will receive 100% international student funding for a Monash undergraduate degree in the Monash Business School, plus a yearly allowance of $6000 and accommodation to the value of $14,000.
See how to apply
Total scholarship value
Tuition fees paid plus $6000 pa
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An International student
You must meet the following criteria:
- A person who is in Australia and currently on:
- a Bridging Visa E, or
- a Bridging Visa A and has applied for a Permanent Protection visa, or
- a Temporary Protection Visa, or
- a Safe Haven Enterprise Visa.
- A commencing or continuing student enrolled or intending to enrol in any undergraduate degree in the Monash Business School at a Monash campus in Australia.
- Full tuition fees paid for the duration of the degree up to four years.
- An allowance of $6000 per year (48 credit points of study) for the duration of your degree up to four years
- Up to a maximum of $14,000 towards accommodation. You must apply directly to Monash Residential Services (MRS) for on-campus accommodation.
- One scholarship will be awarded
- Awarded based on academic achievement and personal circumstances. Preference will be given to a student enrolling in the Bachelor of Business.
To retain this scholarship:
- You must maintain a minimum Weighted Average Mark of 50 or above each semester
- You can continue to receive the scholarship if your residency changes, however you will not be eligible to continue to receive tuition payments if you are changed to a Commonwealth Supported Place and are eligible to defer your fees, but you may continue to receive the allowance.
- You may be asked to provide an annual progress report to donors, giving you an opportunity to share your experiences and benefits.
How to apply
- Applications for Year 12 students are open 2 August - 8 October 2021, submit a scholarship application through VTAC
- For current Monash students, applications are open 17 January - 4 March (2pm) 2022 apply directly to Monash. You must also email a copy of your current Visa to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Note: To be considered for this scholarship, you must have applied for a course and be offered a place at Monash.
- This scholarship cannot be deferred.