DEPM Prostate Cancer Research Scholarship
The DEPM Prostate Cancer Research Scholarship is intended to encourage students to undertake further studies at Honours level in medicine at the Monash Alfred campus in the area of Public Health and Preventive Medicine, focusing principally on improving health outcomes for men diagnosed with prostate cancer.
No application required
Total scholarship value
Three scholarships are available
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen
- A New Zealand citizen
- Australian permanent resident
- Australian humanitarian visa holder
- An International student
You must meet the following criteria:
- Australian or New Zealand citizen, holder of an Australian permanent resident visa, permanent humanitarian visa or international student.
- Obtain a minimum weighted average mark (WAM) of 70% or above, across undergraduate study in Bachelor of Medical Sciences (Honours) (MED4301 & MED4302), Bachelor of Biomedical Sciences (Honours) (BMS4100 & BMS4200), or the Bachelor of Health Sciences (Honours) (HSC4011, HSC4001 & 4002).
- Commencing or continuing in a full-time School of Public Health and Preventive Medicine Honours program at the Monash Alfred campus (Bachelor of Medical Sciences (Honours) (MED4301 & MED4302), Bachelor of Biomedical Sciences (Honours) (BMS4100 & BMS4200), or the Bachelor of Health Sciences (Honours) (HSC4011, HSC4001 & 4002)).
- $5000 per annum for one year only.
- Three scholarships are available.
- Students will be ranked according to undergraduate results and short-listed students will be interviewed by Supervisor/s.
To retain this scholarship:
- Maintain full-time enrolment and demonstrate satisfactory progress is being achieved. This will be determined by a brief report from the student's Honours supervisor.
How to apply
- No application is required. All eligible students will be automatically assessed.
- This scholarship cannot be deferred.
Every scholarship may have a different application process – or none at all. Read the application details carefully and submit your application by the deadline. For more details, visit our scholarships application page.