Faculty of Law Robert French Equity Scholarship
Achieving Potential Scholarship for Distinction
This scholarship which provides financial support to a commencing Law student within the Faculty of Law who will undertake either the Bachelor of Laws (Honours) or LLB combined degree with any other applicable degree in 2019. Worth up to $30,000, the Robert French Equity Scholarship offers an exceptional student, who is experiencing financial hardship, a financial reward and a generous package of benefits allowing the student to boost their academic, personal and professional development.
2 Aug - 8 Oct 2021
Total scholarship value
Up to $30,000
One per year
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen
- A New Zealand citizen
- Australian permanent resident
- Australian humanitarian visa holder
You must meet the following criteria:
- Current Year 12 or International Baccalaureate student in Australia
- Intending to enrol in the Bachelor of Laws (Honours) or the Bachelor of Laws (Honours) combined degrees;
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours) and Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours) and Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours) and Bachelor of Biomedical Science
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours) and Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours) and Bachelor of Music
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours) and Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours) and Bachelor of Global Studies
- Have a low income
- $6000 per annum (48 credit points of study) for the duration of your degree, up to a maximum of five years.
- A travel allowance for one return airfare to your home state in the first year (interstate students only).
- A mentor partnered to help you to achieve your goals, and allow access to a variety of networks, advice and advocacy.
- Priority access to accommodation at Monash Residential Services. You must apply directly to Monash Residential Services (MRS) for on-campus accommodation.
- One scholarship available per year.
- Awarded based on need.
- Consideration will be given to students from one or more of the following educational disadvantage groups:
- Have experienced difficult circumstances
- Have a disability or medical condition
- Have Indigenous Australian background
- Are a recent refugee
To retain this scholarship:
- You must maintain a credit average (60% or above) each semester.
- You must maintain a full-time enrolment.
How to apply
- To apply, submit a scholarship application through VTAC.
- This scholarship cannot be deferred