Geoffrey Whitelaw Jazz Brass Scholarship
Sir John Monash Scholarship for Distinction
At Monash we like to reward our talented musicians. The Geoffrey Whitelaw Jazz Brass Scholarship is awarded to a commencing Bachelor of Music student at Monash who plays a brass instrument (trumpet or trombone). You must specialise in jazz performance and demonstrate outstanding abilities through academic achievement and an audition.
No application required
Total scholarship value
One per year
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen
- A New Zealand citizen
- Australian permanent resident
- Australian humanitarian visa holder
You must meet the following criteria:
- Commencing a first year Bachelor of Music degree in the Sir Zelman Cowen School of Music and Performance
- Specialising in jazz performance
- Play a brass instrument (trumpet or trombone)
$6000 paid for one year only
One per year
Based on a combination of academic achievement and an interview/audition.
To retain this scholarship:
You must maintain satisfactory academic performance as determined by the Sir Zelman Cowen School of Music and Performance.
How to apply
- No application required. Eligible students will be invited to an audition/interview by the Sir Zelman Cowen School of Music and Performance and will be automatically assessed for this scholarship.
- This scholarship cannot be deferred.
Every scholarship may have a different application process – or none at all. Read the application details carefully and submit your application by the deadline. For more details, visit our scholarships application page.