Information Technology Indigenous Merit Scholarship
Sir John Monash Fee Scholarship
Are you an Indigenous student who can demonstrate strong academic achievement? If you are currently studying IT at Monash or intend to do so, you may be eligible for this scholarship.
The Information Technology Indigenous Merit Scholarship is a generous scholarship of up to $16,000 paid towards course fees and will be awarded to the highest achieving eligible student based on academic achievement from previous study.
No application required
Total scholarship value
Up to $16,000
Up to two per year
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen
You must meet the following criteria:
- A commencing or continuing undergraduate or postgraduate (coursework) student in an approved degree or graduate pathway program in the Faculty of Information Technology at a Monash campus in Australia.
- Of Indigenous Australian background.
- To be eligible you must provide a Confirmation of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Heritage certificate or a certified Statutory Declaration form to the William Cooper Institute. This can be emailed to email@example.com. If you have any queries please contact the William Cooper Institute on 9902 4972.
- $6000 per annum (48 credit points of study) paid towards course fees until the minimum points for your degree are completed.
- Two scholarships available per year.
- Award based on academic achievement.
- Awarded to the highest achieving eligible student based on academic achievement from previous study.
- Preference will be given to commencing students.
To retain this scholarship:
- You must maintain a minimum Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 60 each semester.
How to apply
- No application is required. Students that apply for a course through VTAC will be automatically assessed.
- This scholarship can be deferred
Every scholarship may have a different application process – or none at all. Read the application details carefully and submit your application by the deadline. For more details, visit our scholarships application page.