Kath Byer Indigenous Scholarship
Achieving Potential Scholarship for Distinction
Indigenous students who aspire to study at Monash University are invited to apply for the Kath Byer Indigenous Scholarship. The scholarship is established in memory of the late Kath Byer OAM, fondly remembered as the licensee of the Notting Hill Pub (‘The Nott’).
Since 1930, the pub has been frequented by many a Monash student and staff and continues to play a key role in the social culture at Monash.
The family of the late Kath Byer has generously decided to honour her memory by establishing the Kath Byer Indigenous Scholarship. Recipients of the scholarship will receive up to $24,000 with preference given to applicants who have a low income.
3 August - 9 Oct 2020
Total scholarship value
Up to $24,000
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen
You must meet the following criteria:
- Intending to enrol in any undergraduate degree at a Monash campus in Australia.
- Indigenous Australian background.
- To be eligible you must provide a Confirmation of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Heritage certificate or a certified Statutory Declaration form to the William Cooper Institute. This can be emailed to email@example.com. If you have any queries please contact the William Cooper Institute on 9902 4972.
$6000 per annum (48 credit points of study) paid per year until the minimum points for your degree are completed.
One scholarship is available and awarded sequentially.
- Based on academic achievement.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have a low income.
To retain this scholarship:
You must maintain at least a credit average (60% or above) each semester.
How to apply
- To apply, submit a scholarship application through VTAC.
- This scholarship cannot be deferred