KC Kuok Scholarship
Are you an international student looking to enrol in an undergraduate degree? This life-changing scholarship is funded by the generosity of Monash Business School alumnus, Khoon Chen Kuok or better known as Beau Kuok. Mr. Kuok holds a bachelor degree in Economics from Monash University in Australia and is chairman and CEO of the family’s Shangri-La Asia hotel chain.
The scholarship is open to citizens of mainland China, Indonesia, Hong Kong, or a South East Asian country. If selected, you will receive $10,000 per year for the duration of your degree, as well as tuition fees, accommodation, airfare and more, to allow you to study at Monash University.
Monash University is the largest university in Australia, ranked in the world’s top 100 and a member of the prestigious Group of Eight. In under 60 years, we have risen from a single campus into an education and research powerhouse, committed to the challenges of the age. With four Australian campuses, one in Malaysia, and over 100 international partners, you will have access to global opportunities and unmatched experiences.
11 March - 28 June 2019
Total scholarship value
Up to $280,000 over four years
One per year
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An International student
You must meet the following criteria:
- Citizen of mainland China, Indonesia, Hong Kong or a South East Asian country
- Apply for a full-time Monash course offer in any single degree, at Monash University, at a campus in Australia
- Have not previously studied at Monash
- You must demonstrate that you come from a low income household
- Double degree applicants are not eligible.
- Tuition fees
- $10,000 allowance per year
- On-campus accommodation
- Student visa costs
- One return flight home each year
One scholarship offered for 2019.
- The scholarship will be awarded based on outstanding academic achievement and financial disadvantage.
- Students will be assessed on their personal aspiration statement (750 words) and financial support statement (500 words) and interview performance.
To retain this scholarship:
- You must maintain a minimum Weighted Average Mark of 65.
- You must maintain a full-time study load.
How to apply
Every scholarship may have a different application process – or none at all. Read the application details carefully and submit your application by the deadline. For more details, visit our scholarships application page.