K.C. Kuok Scholarship
Are you an international student looking to enrol in an undergraduate degree?
This life-changing and prestigious scholarship is funded and named after one of Monash University's most illustrious alumni, Khoon Chen Kuok, better known as Beau Kuok. This scholarship changes lives by supporting financially disadvantaged students reach their full potential by undertaking study at Monash University.
If successful, your tuition fee and related study costs (accommodation, airfares and more) will be fully supported, enabling you to complete a full-time undergraduate degree at any of Monash University’s Australian campuses, as well as the opportunity to fully immerse yourself in Australian
In addition, the K.C. Kuok scholarship recipients will also have access to study and social support, the chance to apply for internships and other non-financial opportunities from Monash University.
6 March - 28 June 2020
Total scholarship value
Up to $280,000 over four years
One per year
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An International student
You must meet the following criteria:
- Citizen of mainland China, Indonesia, Hong Kong or a Southeast Asian country
- Apply for a full-time Monash course offer in any single degree, at Monash University, at a campus in Australia
- Have not previously studied at Monash
- You must demonstrate that you come from a low income household
- Double degree applicants are not eligible.
- Tuition fees
- $10,000 allowance per year
- On-campus accommodation
- Student visa costs
- Two return flights home each year
One scholarship is available each year.
In the instance where there is more than one outstanding applicant, the panel may elect to award additional scholarships.
- The scholarship will be awarded based on outstanding academic achievement and financial disadvantage.
- Students will be assessed on their personal aspiration statement (750 words) and financial support statement (500 words) and interview performance.
To retain this scholarship:
- You must maintain a minimum Weighted Average Mark of 65.
- You must maintain a full-time study load.
How to apply
- Applications close on 28 June 2020.
- For this scholarship, you must submit a separate online Applications form.
- We encourage you to submit your scholarship application using the online form.
- Alternatively, you may download an offline application form and send all documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject header ‘K.C. Kuok Scholarship - [Your Name].
- You will also need to submit a course application.
- Applications for this scholarship will have their $100 course application fee waived. Please request a waiver code from email@example.com before you submit your course application form.
- More information and entry requirements for international undergraduate courses 2020.
- More information for applicants from Hong Kong .
- More information for applicants from Mainland China or other Southeast Asian Country
- If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This scholarship cannot be deferred.
- All applicants will be advised of the outcome of their application by 31 July 2020
- We are aware that schools may delay examination due to COVID-19, and will ensure that our timeline is updated regularly to reflect these changes.
Every scholarship may have a different application process – or none at all. Read the application details carefully and submit your application by the deadline. For more details, visit our scholarships application page.