Master of Commerce Scholarship
Sir John Monash Fee Scholarship
The Master of Commerce is a two-year research-oriented programme preparing students for a PhD and an academic career. This programme offers thorough academic grounding in asset pricing, corporate finance, financial institutions, and behavioural finance. It provides the skills required to undertake original research, such as econometrics, coding, and academic writing. Upon successful completion of the MCom degree, selected students will progress to the PhD programme (3 years). The MCom programme is the perfect pathway to the PhD programme for students who pursue an academic career.
30 Apr - 15 Oct 2021
Total scholarship value
Tuition fees plus allowance of $29,000
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen
- A New Zealand citizen
- Australian permanent resident
- Australian humanitarian visa holder
- An International student
You must meet the following criteria:
- A current Monash student enrolled or intending to enrol in the Master of Commerce degree
- Tuition fees paid, plus an allowance of $29,000 up to two years
- Selected based outstanding academic achievement, interest in finance research careers and interview performance.
To retain this scholarship:
- You must maintain a minimum Weighted Average Mark of 70 in each semester
How to apply
- Applications are submitted directly to the faculty. Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend a 30-minute interview with a panel constituted by the Master of Commerce Programme Director
- The scholarship can be deferred under special circumstances only.
Every scholarship may have a different application process – or none at all. Read the application details carefully and submit your application by the deadline. For more details, visit our scholarships application page.