Monash Humanitarian Scholarship
Achieving Potential Scholarship for Distinction
Are you an asylum seeker on a bridging visa? If you are a high-achieving student with the ambition to change your future, you may be eligible for the Monash Humanitarian Scholarship. You will receive 100% international student funding for the Monash undergraduate degree of your choice plus a yearly allowance of $6000.
Monash has increased the number of these scholarships available thanks to the generous donations from Alumni and supporters of the University through the Achieving Potential fund.
15 August - 25 November 2022
Total scholarship value
Full course fees plus up to $30,000 allowance
Varies (Depending on funding)
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An International student
You must meet the following criteria:
- A person who is in Australia and currently on:
- Temporary Humanitarian Stay visa (Subclass 449)
- Temporary Protection visa (Subclass 785)
- Temporary Humanitarian Concern visa (Subclass 786)
- Safe Haven Enterprise visa (Subclass 790)
- Bridging visa A (Subclass 010) or Bridging visa E (Subclass 050 and 051) AND have applied for a Permanent Protection visa
- A commencing or continuing student enrolled or intending to enrol in an undergraduate degree as an international student at a Monash campus in Australia.
- Have achieved a minimum ATAR of 70.00, OR for current students a minimum weighted average mark (WAM) of 60, OR equivalent academic achievement.
- Full international student course fees paid for the duration of the degree.
- An allowance of $6000 per year (48 credit points of study) until the minimum points for your degree are completed.
- Variable depending on funding.
- Awarded based on academic achievement and personal circumstances.
To retain this scholarship:
- You must maintain a pass average (50% or above) each semester.
- You can continue to receive the scholarship if your residency changes, however you will not be eligible to continue to receive tuition payments if you are changed to a Commonwealth Supported Place and are eligible to defer your fees, but you may continue to receive the allowance.
- You may be asked to provide an annual progress report to donors, giving you an opportunity to share your experiences and benefits.
How to apply
- If you're applying for a course via VTAC, please complete the VTAC Scholarship Application form by Friday 7 October 2022.
- If you are a current Monash student or applying directly to Monash for your course, please complete the separate application form by Friday 25 November 2022 (5pm). You must also email a copy of your current Visa to email@example.com
- Note: To be considered for this scholarship, you must have applied for a course and be offered a place at Monash.
- This scholarship cannot be deferred.
Every scholarship may have a different application process. Read the application details carefully and submit your application by the deadline.