Monash Jazz Music Scholarship
Sir John Monash Scholarship for Distinction
A $6000 award for outstanding Monash music students specialising in jazz. This scholarship is established from funds received from an anonymous donor.
No application required
Total scholarship value
One per year
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen
- A New Zealand citizen
- Australian permanent resident
- Australian humanitarian visa holder
- An International student
You must meet the following criteria:
- A music performance student enrolled in an undergraduate degree in the Sir Zelman Cowen School of Music and Performance.
- Specialising in jazz.
- $6000 per annum (48 credit points of study) paid for a maximum of one year only.
- One scholarship available per year
- Based on a combination of academic performance and previous musical performance as determined by the Sir Zelman Cowen School of Music and Performance.
- Performance at an interview or audition.
- Continuing students must have achieved a minimum of a distinction grade average (70%) in their principal music study.
To retain this scholarship:
- You must maintain satisfactory academic performance as determined by the Sir Zelman Cowen School of Music and Performance.
- If the original recipient is not enrolled in a Performance Unit in semester 2, the remaining scholarship ($3000) can be awarded to another recipient.
How to apply
- No application is required.
- Eligible students will be invited to an audition/interview by the Sir Zelman Cowen School of Music and Performance and will be automatically assessed for this scholarship.
- This scholarship cannot be deferred.
Every scholarship may have a different application process – or none at all. Read the application details carefully and submit your application by the deadline. For more details, visit our scholarships application page.