Monash Jazz Music Scholarship
Sir John Monash Scholarship for Distinction
A $6000 award for outstanding Monash music students specialising in jazz. This scholarship is established from funds received from an anonymous donor.
Total scholarship value
One per year
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen
- A New Zealand citizen
- Australian permanent resident
- Australian humanitarian visa holder
- An International student
You must meet the following criteria:
- Commencing and continuing music performance student in an undergraduate degree in the Sir Zelman Cowen School of Music and Performance.
- Specialising in jazz.
- $6000 per annum (48 credit points of study) paid for a maximum of one year only.
- One scholarship available per year
- Based on a combination of academic performance and previous musical performance as determined by the Sir Zelman Cowen School of Music and Performance.
- Performance at an interview or audition.
- Continuing students must have achieved a minimum of a distinction grade average (70%) in their principal music study.
To retain this scholarship:
- You must maintain satisfactory academic performance as determined by the Sir Zelman Cowen School of Music and Performance.
How to apply
- No application is necessary.
- Eligible students will be invited to an audition/interview by the Sir Zelman Cowen School of Music and Performance and will be automatically assessed for this scholarship.
- This scholarship cannot be deferred.
Every scholarship may have a different application process – or none at all. Read the application details carefully and submit your application by the deadline. For more details, visit our scholarships application page.