Monash Law Faculty International Study Scholarship
This scholarship assists outstanding JD or Bachelor of Laws students to undertake an international pathway programs. The scholarship was introduced in 2014, as part of the Faculty's 50th anniversary celebrations.
No application required
Total scholarship value
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen
- A New Zealand citizen
- Australian permanent resident
- Australian humanitarian visa holder
- An International student
You must meet the following criteria:
- A continuing student enrolled full-time in either the Bachelor of Laws (LLB) (including double degrees) or the Monash Juris Doctor (JD), at a Monash campus in Australia.
- Have completed all compulsory units and have only up to four elective units to complete in the Monash LLB or JD degree prior to the start of the UK academic year for which the scholarship is sought.
- Be accepted into (although this acceptance may be conditional on completion of the Monash LLB or JD units to the pathway stage of the program) and enrol in one of the following approved international pathway programs:
- Bachelor of Civil Law or Masters in Law and Finance at the University of Oxford (open to Monash JD students only), or
- Master of Law or Masters Degree in Corporate Law at the University of Cambridge (open to Monash LLB and JD students), or
- Master of Laws at the Dickson Poon School of Law, King’s College London (open to Monash LLB and JD students).
- $25,000 paid in two instalments for one year only. To be used only for travel and living expenses and course fees for the relevant pathway program being undertaken by the recipient.
- Variable depending on funding
- Based on academic achievement.
To retain this scholarship:
- Recipients must maintain full-time enrolment in one of the pathway programs listed above and maintain satisfactory academic performance.
How to apply
- Cannot be deferred.
- No application is necessary. Students will be automatically assessed.
Every scholarship may have a different application process – or none at all. Read the application details carefully and submit your application by the deadline. For more details, visit our scholarships application page.