Monash Peer Mentoring Leaders Scholarship
Monash Leaders Scholarships
The Peer Mentoring Leaders Scholarship is awarded to Monash Peer Mentoring Coordinators each year in recognition of their service and leadership in the peer mentoring community. Peer Mentoring Coordinators work closely with the Faculty and Portfolio of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Education) to manage key aspects of the program, and ensure that it meets the needs of mentors and mentees. Peer Mentoring Coordinators are involved in shaping the Peer Mentoring program and help build engagement within the Peer Mentoring community.
This scholarship is aimed at recognising the Coordinators efforts and supporting them in their own studies.
See how to apply
Total scholarship value
up to $6,000
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen
- A New Zealand citizen
- Australian permanent resident
- Australian humanitarian visa holder
You must meet the following criteria:
- A continuing coursework student enrolled in an undergraduate degree at a Monash campus in Australia.
- Leadership potential and your willingness to share your time, skills and experiences with Peer Mentors and incoming first-year undergraduate students.
- Be selected as Monash Peer Mentoring Coordinator.
$6000 paid for one year only, with the option to reapply each year.
20 scholarships are available.
Awarded on performance at an interview.
To retain this scholarship:
You must maintain enrolment in a Monash University undergraduate degree and fulfil the requirements of the Peer Mentoring program to which this scholarship was awarded.
How to apply
- You must apply for the role of Monash Peer Mentoring Coordinator. Applications open in August each year. Application process varies across Faculty programs.
- Shortlisted applicants will be interviewed in late November - please ensure you are available during this time.
- This scholarship cannot be deferred.
Every scholarship may have a different application process – or none at all. Read the application details carefully and submit your application by the deadline. For more details, visit our scholarships application page.