Monash PSA Insurance Medical Science Scholarship
This scholarship, donated by PSA Insurance, is for a student undertaking the Bachelor of Medical Sciences (Honours) who would like to become a mentor to junior medical students residing in Monash Residential Halls or Mannix College. Preference is given to students living in a regional or remote area of Victoria.
03 Aug - 06 Nov 2020
Total scholarship value
Up to $25,000
Two per year
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen
- Australian permanent resident
- Australian humanitarian visa holder
You must meet the following criteria:
- Commencing the Honours year of the Bachelor of Medical Science (Honours) degree in the Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences at a Monash campus in Australia
- Have a low income
- Consideration is given if, in addition to low income, you are from one or more of the following educational disadvantage groups:
- Are a recent refugee
- From a regional or remote area
- Have a disability or medical condition
- From a non-English speaking background
- Have experienced difficult circumstances
- From an underrepresented school
- From a low socioeconomic status (SES) area
- You must apply directly to Monash Residential Services (MRS) for on-campus accommodation.
Scholarship will cover student contribution fees and Monash Residential Halls accommodation costs.
- Two available per year
- Award to the highest-achieving students, based on academic achievement and need.
- Agree to reside in one of the Monash University Residential Halls throughout the period of the scholarship.
- Agree to mentor junior medical students residing in Monash University Residential Halls (includes leading weekly tutorials or study groups)
- Must demonstrate leadership qualities.
To retain this scholarship:
- You must maintain full-time enrolment in the Bachelor of Medical Sciences (Honours)
- Recipients may not hold any other Monash equity scholarship or grant while holding the Monash PSA Insurance Bachelor of Medical Sciences (Honours) Scholarship.
- You are required to submit a report per semester outlining your progress with your studies and tutoring activities in Monash Residential Services or Mannix College. These reports, which are to be provided to PSA Insurance, are to include details of your achievements over the course of the year, the impact the scholarship has had on you, description of your mentoring and tutoring activities and the outcome and contribution of these activities from a personal perspective as well as that for junior students. The Coursework Scholarships Unit will contact you in advance to notify you of when these reports are due.
How to apply
- For current Monash students, apply directly to Monash.
- This scholarship cannot be deferred