Tess Hill and Bill Hawtin Jazz Music Scholarship
Achieving Potential Scholarship for Excellence
This scholarship was created through a bequest from Tess Hill and Bill Hawtin to financially support music students to further their careers. The scholarship is available to commencing low income students undertaking undergraduate degrees in music performance in the Sir Zelman Cowen School of Music and Performance, specialising in Jazz.
2 Aug - 8 Oct 2021
Total scholarship value
One per year
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen
- A New Zealand citizen
- Australian permanent resident
- Australian humanitarian visa holder
You must meet the following criteria:
- Commencing an undergraduate degree in music performance in the Sir Zelman Cowen School of Music and Performance, specialising in Jazz.
- Not have previously completed a degree or higher qualification from a tertiary institution.
- Experiencing low income.
$8000 per annum for a maximum of three years
One per year
The scholarship is awarded on the basis of need, academic achievement and audition. Consideration will be given if, in addition to low income, the student experiences other forms of education disadvantage.
To retain this scholarship:
Must maintain a Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 60
How to apply
- Applications for Year 12 students, submit a scholarship application through VTAC
Every scholarship may have a different application process – or none at all. Read the application details carefully and submit your application by the deadline. For more details, visit our scholarships application page.
Apply through VTAC