Vice-Chancellor's Ensemble Leadership Scholarship
Sir John Monash Scholarship for Distinction
A scholarship for current students in the Sir Zelman Cowen School of Music at Monash intending to pursue an honours year. If you are an outstanding music student at Monash participating in an ensemble, you may be eligible for this scholarship and receive $6000 to assist you in your studies. No application is necessary. Eligible students will be invited for an audition or interview.
No application required
Total scholarship value
$6000 for one year only
One per year
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen
- A New Zealand citizen
- Australian permanent resident
- Australian humanitarian visa holder
You must also be:
- A current music performance student in an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in the Sir Zelman Cowen School of Music at a Monash campus in Australia.
- Participating in an ensemble. (Composition students are not eligible.)
$6000 for one year only (48 credit points of study)
- One per year
- In the event that there are two equally deserving applicants, the School of Music may split the scholarship and allocate $3000 to the two recipients.
- Based on a combination of academic achievement and previous musical performance as determined by the School of Music.
- Based on performance at an interview or audition.
- Current students must have achieved a minimum of a distinction average (70% or above) in their principal music study.
To retain this scholarship:
You must maintain satisfactory academic performance as determined by the School of Music.
How to apply
- No application required. Eligible students will be automatically assessed for this scholarship and invited to an audition/interview by the School of Music.
- This scholarship cannot be deferred.
Every scholarship may have a different application process – or none at all. Read the application details carefully and submit your application by the deadline. For more details, visit our scholarships application page.