Westpac Future Leaders Scholarship
The Westpac Scholarship Program is an initiative of the Westpac Bicentennial Foundation. The Foundation celebrated Westpac’s 200th anniversary in 2017 with a $100 million gift to ensure that future generation graduate students with the passion to contribute to the nation’s growth and prosperity will have every chance to do so.
Whether your focus is Asia, new technology or social change, Westpac is offering to support graduate study for talented individuals at Australia’s leading universities. Scholars will be exceptional people, chosen for their potential to make a difference to Australia’s future in one of three focus areas: * Technology and innovation * Strengthening Australia-Asia ties * Enabling positive social change
15 June to 5 September 2018
Total scholarship value
Up to $120,000
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen
- Australian permanent resident
- You must have completed an undergraduate degree after 1 September 2013, OR will complete an undergraduate degree in the year of application
- You have achieved or are on track to achieve an average result of H1 or H2A equivalent (approx. 75%)
- Intending to undertake a full-time Masters by coursework or research of a PhD that is in a field that contributes to the Foundation's focus areas of technology and innovation, strengthening Australia-Asia ties, enabling positive social change
- Your proposed program of study:
- Can be in any field and must be relevant to the Foundation's focus areas
- May include international opportunities, such as a period of study at an overseas university, an invited presentation at a conference significant to the discipline, or a period of internship or placement at an overseas organisation, which will develop your leadership skills and global networks
- Must underpin a worthy and viable post-study plan that benefits Australia
- You must commence study in the calendar year following the year of application.
- Valued at up to $120,000 over the duration of the course.
- Variable (Depending on funding).
You must demonstrate:
- Academic excellence and passion for strengthening Australia's ties with Asia, driving technology and innovation, or enabling positive social change
- A bold vision to contribute to the growth and prosperity of Australia
- A desire and potential to lead
- Keen to be inspired by others, build networks and collaborate across diverse disciplines
- Confident in taking on challenges
To retain this scholarship:
- Enrolment in the postgraduate coursework program approved by the Westpac Bicentennial Foundation selection panel.
How to apply
- For more information or to apply, see the Wespac Future Leaders Scholarship page.
- This scholarship cannot be deferred.
- Applications will open from 15 June to 5 September 2018
Every scholarship may have a different application process – or none at all. Read the application details carefully and submit your application by the deadline.