The Monash Guarantee
The Monash Guarantee can get you into a Monash course even if you don’t reach the course’s lowest selection rank. You could be eligible for the Monash Guarantee if you:
- have experienced financial disadvantage
- live in a low socio-economic area
- are an Indigenous Australian
- attend a Monash list under-represented school.
How it works
Most undergraduate courses at Monash have a Monash Guarantee ATAR, which is lower than the expected selection rank for that course.
If you meet the eligibility criteria, achieve the Monash Guarantee ATAR for your preferred course (starting at 70.00) and complete all course requirements, you will be guaranteed an offer at Monash.
Entry to the Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine is based on a combination of ATAR, UCAT and interview. You cannot be guaranteed an offer for this course. Health courses may also have restrictions due to clinical placements. We have reserved some places for Monash Guarantee students who would not otherwise have been offered a place, and have the strongest results across the range of criteria.
The Monash Guarantee does not apply to the Scholars programs or Indigenous entry courses.
To be eligible for the Monash Guarantee, you must:
- be studying an Australian Year 12 or International Baccalaureate in 2022
- be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, a holder of Australian permanent residency or permanent humanitarian visa
- satisfy all course-specific prerequisites and requirements, such as the UCAT, a portfolio, interview or audition
- meet the Monash Guarantee ATAR for your preferred course
- demonstrate that you have experienced financial disadvantage; attend a Monash-listed under-represented school, are an Indigenous Australian or live in a low socio-economic area.
If your family is experiencing financial disadvantage, this may impact your secondary school studies and can make it difficult for you to reach your full potential. To demonstrate financial disadvantage, you must have documents that prove at least one of the following:
- You receive an income-tested Centrelink benefit that proves financial disadvantage (eg. Youth Allowance, Abstudy or income-tested Health Care Card)
- Your parents/guardians receive an income-tested Centrelink benefit that proves financial disadvantage (eg. Family Tax Benefit A)
- You and/or your family are facing financial hardship or excessive financial obligations (eg. living on a farm suffering from drought or floods).
Low socio-economic area
If you live in a low socio-economic area and meet the required ATAR, other course requirements and eligibility requirements, you will be eligible for the Monash Guarantee. Find out if your address qualifies.
If you're an Indigenous Australian, and you meet the required ATAR, other course requirements and eligibility requirements, you will be eligible for the Monash Guarantee.
Monash has identified more than 1000 schools across Australia as being under-represented at university. If you attend one of these schools and meet the required ATAR, other course requirements and eligibility requirements, you will be eligible for the Monash Guarantee.
How to apply
To apply for the Monash Guarantee, you must:
- submit a VTAC course application and include your preferred Monash University courses in your preference list
- complete a Special Entry Access Scheme (SEAS) application, including Category 1, and submit any required documentation
Need more information?
View the FAQs.
Phone: 1800 MONASH