The Monash Guarantee
The Monash Guarantee can get you into a Monash course even if you don’t reach the course’s lowest selection rank. You could be eligible for the Monash Guarantee if you:
- have experienced financial disadvantage
- live in a low socio-economic area
- are an Indigenous Australian
- attend a Monash list under-represented school.
How it works
For some courses, a range of criteria [RC] is used for selection in addition to your ATAR, such as an audition or folio. In addition to meeting the Monash Guarantee ATAR and course prerequisites, you must be successful in meeting the additional selection criteria. Health courses may also have restrictions due to clinical placements. We have reserved some places for Monash Guarantee students who would not otherwise have been offered a place, and who have the strongest results across the range of criteria.
The Monash Guarantee does not apply to the Law Pathway or Scholars programs.
To be eligible for the Monash Guarantee, you must:
- be studying an Australian Year 12 or International Baccalaureate in 2020
- meet the Monash Guarantee ATAR for your preferred course
- satisfy all course-specific prerequisites and requirements, such as the UCAT, a portfolio, interview or audition
- be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, a holder of Australian permanent residency or permanent humanitarian visa
- demonstrate that you have experienced financial disadvantage; attend a Monash-listed under-represented school, are an Indigenous Australian or live in a low socio-economic area.
If your family have a low income this can impact your secondary school studies and can make it difficult for you to reach your full potential. To demonstrate financial disadvantage, you must have documents that prove at least one of these three statements:
- You receive an income-tested Centrelink benefit (eg. Youth Allowance, Abstudy or Health Care Card)
- Your parents/guardians receive an income-tested Centrelink benefit (eg. Family Tax Benefit A)
- You and/or your family are facing financial hardship or excessive financial obligations (eg. living on a farm suffering from drought or floods).
Low socio-economic area
If you live in a low socio-economic area and meet the required ATAR, you will be eligible for the Monash Guarantee. Find out if your address qualifies.
Monash benefits from a diverse student body that includes Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders. If you're an Indigenous Australian, and you meet the required ATAR, you will be eligible for the Monash Guarantee.
Monash has identified more than 1000 schools across Australia as being under-represented at university. If you attend one of these schools and meet the required ATAR, you will be eligible for the Monash Guarantee.
How to apply
To apply for the Monash Guarantee, you must:
- submit a VTAC course application and include your preferred Monash University courses in your preference list
- complete a Special Entry Access Scheme (SEAS) application including any required documentation