My Allied Health Space - PDM1137
The Learning Management System includes 10 online education modules, providing implementation tools and training resources for allied health professionals to:
- Understand the Victorian Government’s Allied health capability framework: disability and complex support needs
- Work ethically and collaboratively across professions and services systems with people with disability and complex support needs
- Assess their own capability, and further develop the skills and knowledge, to support people with disability and complex support needs.
The Learning Management System includes:
- Checklists to assess client needs and allied health practice capabilities
- Map of the Framework capabilities against the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission Practice Standards Quality Indicators
- Decision making flowchart to help with supervision and delegation of the disability workforce
- Video reflections by people with lived experience of disability and allied health professionals from the 10 disciplines
- Resources including videos and quizzes to build capability of allied health professionals to work with people with disability and complex support needs
After completing the 10 modules, allied health professionals will understand:
- Key components of the Framework
- How to use the Framework to consider allied health capability
- How the Framework aligns with a range of national and international legal and policy documents
- The relevance of the Framework at an organisational and individual level
- How to empower people to have choice and control over their own lives in order to participate equally in society.
- Their own professional skills and operate within scope of these capabilities
- The interrelated role of practitioners and services to deliver positive and safe outcomes for people with disability and complex support needs.
- The NDIS and how it intersects with other mainstream systems in Australia
- How to operate across service systems to be responsive to people with disabilities and complex support needs
- Features of ethical practice and how to resolve conflicts
- Strategies to promote safety, quality and inclusion
The learning management system has embedded quizzes in each of the 10 modules to assist learning and to test their knowledge; however, there is no formal assessment.
This course is not accredited; however, there is a certificate of completion available within the learning management system which will auto-populated those modules the learner has completed (including quizzes and module evaluation).
Associate Professor Libby Callaway