Betty Amsden AO Mentor Leaders Scholarship
Monash Leaders Scholarship
The Betty Amsden AO Mentor Leaders Scholarship is awarded to Access Monash mentors each year in recognition of their service and leadership in the community. Access Monash mentors support high school students from under-represented schools in their transition from school to university by providing guidance, friendship and advice. This scholarship is aimed at recognising the mentors’ efforts and supporting them in their own studies.
Final year students are invited to participate in the Betty Amsden AO Alumni Mentoring program, where they are matched with Monash alumni mentors, who provide one-on-one mentoring with a focus on industry knowledge, networks, career planning and personal development.
Monash Mentor Applications 2 Aug - 22 Oct 2021
Total scholarship value
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen
- A New Zealand citizen
- Australian permanent resident
- Australian humanitarian visa holder
You must meet the following criteria:
- A continuing Monash undergraduate coursework student.
- Have completed at least 12 months of service as an Access Monash Mentor, within the last two years prior to appointment.
- From an under-represented community.
- $6000 paid for one year only, with the option to reapply each year.
- 20 scholarships are available.
- Based on leadership potential and the applicants’ willingness to share their time, skills and experiences with secondary school students.
- Be selected as an Access Monash Mentor.
- Performance at an interview.
How to apply
- Cannot be deferred
- You must apply for the role of Access Monash Mentor Leader. Applications 2 August - 22 October 2021.
- Shortlisted applicants will be interviewed in late November - please ensure you are available during this time.
Every scholarship may have a different application process – or none at all. Read the application details carefully and submit your application by the deadline. For more details, visit our scholarships application page.