Colin and Eleanor Bourke Indigenous Postgraduate Scholarship
In honour of Colin and Eleanor Bourke's dedication to Monash University's human rights initiatives, this scholarship supports the ongoing education of Indigenous students undertaking a postgraduate coursework degree. Up to $40,000 is available for one student.
See how to apply
Total scholarship value
Up to $40,000
One per year
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen
You must meet the following criteria:
- Commencing or continuing student in a postgraduate (coursework) degree at a Monash campus in Australia.
- To be eligible you must provide a Confirmation of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Heritage certificate or a certified Statutory Declaration form to the William Cooper Institute. This can be emailed to email@example.com. If you have any queries please contact the William Cooper Institute on 9902 4972.
- $20,000 per annum (48 credit points of study) paid until the minimum points for your degree are completed
- One scholarship available per year
- Based on academic achievement and need.
- Preference is given to applicants whose application shows evidence of community-mindedness and active involvement in community work
To retain this scholarship:
- You must maintain a minimum Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 60 each semester.