Commonwealth Indigenous Relocation Scholarship
Monash Accommodation Scholarship
A scholarship provided by the Australian Government to assist Indigenous students with the costs of studying at university.
see how to apply
Total scholarship value
Variable (Depending on funding)
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen
You must meet the following criteria:
- Commencing full-time in an undergraduate degree, Diploma of Tertiary Studies, Diploma of Higher Education, or Monash Enabling program at a Monash campus in Australia.
- Required to relocate for study
- To be eligible you must provide a Confirmation of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Heritage certificate or a certified Statutory Declaration form to the William Cooper Institute. This can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any queries please contact the William Cooper Institute on 9902 4972.
- $6000 for one year only (48 credit points of study).
- Variable (Depending on funding).
How to apply
- Applications for Year 12 students are open 1 August - 7 October 2022, submit a scholarship application through VTAC
- For current Monash students, applications are open 3 January - 16 February (12 noon) 2023 apply directly to Monash.
- This scholarship cannot be deferred.
- Cannot be held with any other accommodation scholarship.
- Students who have previously held the Commonwealth Accommodation scholarship are ineligible.
Every scholarship may have a different application process – or none at all. Read the application details carefully and submit your application by the deadline. For more details, visit our scholarships application page.