Commonwealth Indigenous Support Scholarship
Achieving Potential Scholarship for Distinction
A scholarship provided by the Australian Government to assist Indigenous students with the costs of studying at university.
18 Jan – 12 Feb 2021
Total scholarship value
Up to $30,000
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen
You must meet the following criteria:
- Commencing or continuing student, enrolled in, or intending to enrol full-time in an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree at a Monash campus in Australia.
- Have a low income
- To be eligible you must provide a Confirmation of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Heritage certificate or a certified Statutory Declaration form to the William Cooper Institute. This can be emailed to email@example.com. If you have any queries please contact the William Cooper Institute on 9902 4972.
- $6000 per annum (48 credit points of study) until the minimum points for your degree are completed.
- Awarded based on need.
- Consideration is given if, in addition to low income, the student experience's one or more of the following educational disadvantage groups:
- From a regional or remote area
- Have a disability or medical condition
- Have experienced difficult circumstances
- From an underrepresented school
To retain this scholarship:
- Maintain a minimum Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 50 each semester.
- You must maintain full-time enrolment.
How to apply
Every scholarship may have a different application process – or none at all. Read the application details carefully and submit your application by the deadline. For more details, visit our scholarships application page.