Eric Dubsky Memorial Scholarship
Industry Leaders Scholarship
Eric Dubsky was an electrical engineer who immigrated to Australia from Nazi occupied Austria shortly before the outbreak of World War II in 1939.
Initially with his father and then as chairman and managing director he developed a small manufacturer Vulcan Electrics Pty Ltd into one of the top 100 companies in Australia - Vulcan Industries Australia Ltd. Vulcan produced a range of innovative domestic and commercial products and had 2000 employees. He employed engineering students as trainees with the company, many of whom became leaders with Vulcan and other engineering companies.
This award continues his legacy by providing young engineers with the opportunity to develop into future leaders of Australian industry.
Total scholarship value
One per year
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen
- A New Zealand citizen
- Australian permanent resident
- Australian humanitarian visa holder
You must meet the following criteria:
- Enrolled in any single or double undergraduate degree in the Faculty of Engineering at a Monash campus in Australia.
- Have completed a minimum of 48 credit points in their Engineering degree.
- Be participating in the Engineering Leadership Program at the time of application.
- $10,000 per annum for a maximum of three years.
- One scholarship is available.
- Based on academic achievement and interview performance.
- The panel will take into account:
- Leadership qualities and demonstrated interest in further developing these skills.
- Involvement in extra curricular activities.
- Academic merit.
To retain this scholarship:
- You must maintain a minimum Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 70
How to apply
- This scholarship cannot be deferred
- To apply, submit your application to the Faculty of Engineering.
Every scholarship may have a different application process – or none at all. Read the application details carefully and submit your application by the deadline. For more details, visit our scholarships application page.