Information Technology Indigenous Study Support Scholarship
Achieving Potential Support Scholarship
Monash University is looking to reward an Indigenous Australians who are interested in studying an IT degree at the undergraduate or postgraduate (coursework) level.
You must be from one of our defined educational disadvantage groups. The scholarship is valued at up to $15,000. Current Monash students in the Faculty of IT may also apply.
18 Jan – 12 Feb 2021
Total scholarship value
Up to $15,000
Two per year
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen
You must meet the following criteria:
- A commencing or continuing undergraduate or graduate (coursework) student in the Faculty of Information Technology at a Monash Campus in Australia.
- Indigenous Australian background
- From one or more of the following educational disadvantage groups.
- Have a low income
- Are a recent refugee
- From a regional or remote area
- Have a disability or medical condition
- From a non-English speaking background
- Have experienced difficult circumstances
- From an underrepresented school
- From a low socioeconomic status (SES) area
- To be eligible you must provide a Confirmation of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Heritage certificate or a certified Statutory Declaration form to the William Cooper Institute. This can be emailed to email@example.com. If you have any queries please contact the William Cooper Institute on 9902 4972.
$3000 per year (48 credit points of study) until the minimum points for your degree are completed.
Two per year
- Awarded based on need.
- Preference will be given to commencing students.
To retain this scholarship:
You must maintain satisfactory academic performance as determined by the Faculty of Information Technology.
How to apply
Every scholarship may have a different application process – or none at all. Read the application details carefully and submit your application by the deadline. For more details, visit our scholarships application page.