June Howqua Grant
Sir John Monash Scholarship for Distinction
This scholarship is available to high achieving Monash students studying medicine who have a low income.
3 Aug - 6 Nov 2020
Total scholarship value
Up to $6,000
Variable depending on funding
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen
- A New Zealand citizen
- Australian permanent resident
- Australian humanitarian visa holder
You must meet the following criteria:
- A full-time current Monash undergraduate student studying the final year of the Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine at a Monash campus in Australia (includes graduate entry at Gippsland campus).
- Must have achieved a minimum Weighted Average Mark of 80.
- $6,000 for one year
- Variable depending on funding.
- Based on academic achievement.
- Applicants must submit an essay (of 4000 characters or less, including spaces) addressing the following:
- How will the scholarship benefit you?
- Demonstrate the potential to make an impact as a medical practitioner.
- Where you see yourself in 10 years' time in terms of professional practice and engagement.
- Demonstrate that your activities outside the formal confines of the medical school have had an effect on other people?
Preference may be given to applicants who have low income.
To retain this scholarship:
- Recipients must maintain full-time enrolment.
- Recipients will be asked to provide a progress report on the benefits of this scholarship to the donor at the end of the year.
How to apply
- To apply, submit your application directly to Monash.
- This scholarship cannot be deferred.