K.C. Kuok Scholarship
Are you an international student looking to enrol in an undergraduate degree?
This life-changing and prestigious scholarship is funded and named after one of Monash University's most illustrious alumni, Khoon Chen Kuok, better known as Beau Kuok. This scholarship changes lives by supporting financially disadvantaged students reach their full potential by undertaking study at Monash University.
If successful, your tuition fee and related study costs (accommodation, airfares and more) will be fully supported, enabling you to complete a full-time undergraduate degree at any of Monash University’s Australian campuses, as well as the opportunity to fully immerse yourself in Australian
In addition, the K.C. Kuok scholarship recipients will also have access to study and social support, the chance to apply for internships and other non-financial opportunities from Monash University.
2019 applications are now closed. Applications for 2020 will open in March
Total scholarship value
Up to $280,000 over four years
One per year
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An International student
You must meet the following criteria:
- Citizen of mainland China, Indonesia, Hong Kong or a Southeast Asian country
- Apply for a full-time Monash course offer in any single degree, at Monash University, at a campus in Australia
- Have not previously studied at Monash
- You must demonstrate that you come from a low income household
- Double degree applicants are not eligible.
- Tuition fees
- $10,000 allowance per year
- On-campus accommodation
- Student visa costs
- One return flight home each year
One scholarship is available each year.
In the instance where there is more than one outstanding applicant, the panel may elect to award additional scholarships.
- The scholarship will be awarded based on outstanding academic achievement and financial disadvantage.
- Students will be assessed on their personal aspiration statement (750 words) and financial support statement (500 words) and interview performance.
To retain this scholarship:
- You must maintain a minimum Weighted Average Mark of 65.
- You must maintain a full-time study load.
How to apply
- Applications close on 28 June 2019.
- For this scholarship, you must submit a separate Applications form.
- Please send the scholarship application to email@example.com with the subject header "K.C. Kuok Scholarship – NAME". You must submit evidence of your family’s annual household income in 2018 (certified copies of your parents' tax forms translated into English). We also welcome supplementary evidence of your financial disadvantage.
- You will also need to submit a course application.
- Applications for this scholarship will have their $100 course application fee waived. Please request a waiver code from firstname.lastname@example.org when you submit your scholarship application form.
- More information and entry requirements for international undergraduate courses 2020.
- More information for applicants from Hong Kong .
- More information for applicants from Mainland China or other Southeast Asian Country
- If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
- This scholarship cannot be deferred.
- All applicants will be advised of the outcome of their application by 2 August 2019.
Every scholarship may have a different application process – or none at all. Read the application details carefully and submit your application by the deadline. For more details, visit our scholarships application page.