Mabel Kent Grant
A scholarship for students currently studying or intending to study the Bachelor of Medicine/Bachelor of Surgery. If you have a low income and are keen to pursue medicine, you may be eligible for this grant.
The grant trustees will determine the amount paid each year. In the past it has been awarded as a one-off payment of $3500 for four scholarships. The amount and number for this year however will depend on the trustee’s decision for the year.
3 Aug - 6 Nov 2020
Total scholarship value
$5000 one-off payment (Subject to change)
Variable (Depending on funding)
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen
- A New Zealand citizen
- Australian permanent resident
- Australian humanitarian visa holder
You must meet the following criteria:
- Must achieve ATAR score of 95.00 or continuing students with a high-distinction average (80% or above).
- Commencing or continuing Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine* full-time undergraduate student at a Monash campus in Australia.
- Have a low income.
* Including the graduate-entry Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine at Monash Gippsland.
- $5000 one-off payment (Subject to change at trustee’s discretion)
- Variable (Depending on funding)
- Award based on academic achievement and need.
To retain this scholarship:
- You must maintain full-time enrolment.
How to apply
Every scholarship may have a different application process – or none at all. Read the application details carefully and submit your application by the deadline. For more details, visit our scholarships application page.