Maria Barbayannis Scholarship
Achieving Potential Scholarship for Distinction
This scholarship celebrates the life and career of Maria Barbayannis. Maria was immersed in the law for almost 40 years, which included time in private practice, lecturing at Monash University. Maria was well respected for her knowledge of the law, her empathetic rapport with clients, unmatched work ethic and her pragmatic and commercial approach to her cases. She will always be remembered for her warm spirit, kind heart and generous support of young people in the law and in business.
See how to apply
Total scholarship value
Up to $30,000
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen
- A New Zealand citizen
- Australian permanent resident
- Australian humanitarian visa holder
You must meet the following criteria:
- Commencing or current student, enrolled in or intending to enrol in an undergraduate degree in the Faculty of Law at a Monash campus in Australia.
- From one or more of Monash University's defined educational disadvantage categories.
- $6000 per annum (48 credit points of study) for the duration of your degree.
- One scholarship available.
- Awarded based on need.
How to apply
Every scholarship may have a different application process – or none at all. Read the application details carefully and submit your application by the deadline. For more details, visit our scholarships application page.