Max and Riva Radunski Scholarship for Refugee or Migrant Students
At Monash, we understand that the challenges you face as a refugee or a migrant student could prevent you from achieving your full potential.
We want to see you succeed regardless of your background. As such, we invite recent refugees and migrants to apply for this scholarship.
You will receive assistance in the form of $3000 per year for the degree of your choice. We are looking for students who are high-achieving, determined and passionate about transforming their lives.
Total scholarship value
Up to $15,000
One per year
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen
- A New Zealand citizen
- Australian permanent resident
- Australian humanitarian visa holder
You must meet the following criteria:
- A commencing student intending to enrol in an undergraduate degree at a Monash campus in Australia.
- From a refugee and/or migrant background*
*For the purposes of this scholarship, migrant is defined as a person who was born overseas whose usual residence is Australia. A person is regarded as a usual resident if they have been (or are expected to be) residing in Australia for a period of 12 months or more. In the scholarship application, applicants will be asked to make a self-declaration. Students who declare that they are a migrant as per the definition, will be deemed to have fulfilled this condition of the eligibility criteria.
- $3,000 per year (48 credit points of study) for the minimum number of credit points required to complete your degree.
- One scholarship available per year.
- Award based on need.
- Preference will be given to students who are recent refugees.
To retain this scholarship:
- You must maintain a pass average (50% or above) each semester.
How to apply
- For Year 12 students, submit a scholarship application through VTAC.
- For current Monash students, apply directly to Monash.
- This scholarship cannot be deferred.
- Recipients will be asked to provide a written progress report on the benefits of the scholarship to the donor including their academic achievements.
Every scholarship may have a different application process – or none at all. Read the application details carefully and submit your application by the deadline. For more details, visit our scholarships application page.