Monash University - Museums Victoria PhD Research Scholarship
The Robert Blackwood partnership is a collaboration between Monash University and Museums Victoria to encourage and facilitate new research project ideas and initiatives that lead to high impact collaborations and significant external funding.
31 October each year
Total scholarship value
$5,000 per annum
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen
- A New Zealand citizen
- Australian permanent resident
- Australian humanitarian visa holder
- An International student
Applicants must be:
- a commencing or continuing full-time PhD student and enrolled in Research Quarter 1 (in the following year) at a Monash campus in Australia;
- working on projects which are either co-supervised by Monash and Museums Victoria, or are substantially focused on some aspects of Museums Victoria’s collection; and
- in the first two years of candidature and must meet all course requirements in a timely manner (e.g. milestones).
Monash-Museums Victoria PhD Research Scholarships provide an annual stipend of $5,000.
Two scholarships per year (subject to suitable applicants):
- one in the Humanities and Social Sciences (HASS) disciplines.
- one in the Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) disciplines.
Relevance, quality and achievability of projects to the Monash-Museums Victoria collaborative research program (or ability to foster research collaboration) is considered along with records of achievement.
Those with joint Monash-Museums Victoria supervision will be highly regarded.
To retain this scholarship:
- you will be required to comply with Monash University’s RTP Scholarship policy and procedures;
- you must be willing to participate in activities showcasing the Robert Blackwood Partnership (e.g. research seminars, promotional events); and
- you will be required to complete a report on the collaboration with Museums-Victoria following submission of your thesis.
How to apply
Prior to applying for this scholarship, you will need to discuss your project with a relevant Museums Victoria curator. You will be required to provide a letter of support from Museums Victoria as well as a written recommendation (maximum 1 A4 page) from your proposed/current supervisors regarding the relevance and quality of the project as part of your application.
Should no pre-existing relationship with a Museums Victoria Curator exist, please contact Mr Timothy Stranks (Manager – Research Programs, Research and Collections Directorate, Museums Victoria) by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Many scholarships can have different application processes. Make sure to read the application details carefully and submit your application by the deadline.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY